Saturday, July 19, 2014

Close the doors and the windows!

Chapter 4: Who let the snakes in?
Great question! Great, because we often look for how someone else played a part in our misery, BUT this chapter helps us look within, as well as at outside factors.

I love the illustration of rock climbing and only needing a little bump or small crevice to get a "foothold".
What little bumps have u hit in life that have given the enemy a foothold? For me, it was rejection. I felt rejection and set out to prove how worthy of attention I was...my value was in what others thought of me, especially men.

What small crevice have u allowed? Maybe it was a one time thing that got good to u...Oreo cookies at night seem to taste better and I can eat up to four and maintain my calorie count...but night after night, and somehow those jeans keep shrinking in the wash...I'm just saying - I like the ones that have the vanilla cookie with chocolate creme. Food can become an idol and self control is a fruit of the Spirit.

Here are a few of Franklin's quotes and questions I highlighted:

Where then does he get his power (check out the footholds)?

The only power the devil has in this world is the power we turn over to him thru our choices and actions.

Take a look at your life right now. Is there a whole in the fence, a broken window, or maybe a wide-open front door?

The enemy watches for u to lose self-control because that is a soul decision that empowers him. (He was referring to our mouths. Pray for me in this area.)

An atmosphere of disunity is very attractive to the enemy. (This makes me think of our families...siblings.)

When u let in little sins here and there that seem harmless, just like a python those sins wrap themselves around u and slowly squeeze the breath out of u - and they all start as little eggs.

Ladies - the Lord has put us on a path of repairing the cracks and crevices and closing our doors and windows on the devil's foolishness!

No comments:

Post a Comment